This afternoon I went to one of the Eagles open practices with my buddies Steve and Kevin. It was incredibly hot because it’s August and to my surprise the Eagles had a decent turn out for a PRACTICE. Here are a few more thoughts I have on today.
- I can understand why Allen Iverson wasn’t a fan of practice. It’s boring and there are a million and one more fun things to be doing on a Sunday. With that being said he was stilled getting paid to go.
- Chickie & Pete’s Crab Fries and cheese sauce are spectacular, but definitely not $ 10.50 spectacular.
- If I had club level seats for every Eagles game I wouldn’t mind at all going in November. Sadly I don’t see club level seats in my immediate future
- Practice didn’t seem any quicker to me than any other football practice I’ve seen.
- DL Clifton Geathers is the biggest human being I’ve seen on a football field. He has the same dimensions as a Taco Bell.
- The better players go through every rep hard. Trent Cole and Connor Barwin were the two that stood out in this respect. I guess it’s true you play how you practice.
- The giant flyswatters Kelly used against the QB’s is brilliant, I can’t believe teams haven’t been using them for years
- The music Kelly played during practice did make the event more entertaining
- As boring as practice can be, it’s a brilliant move from a PR standpoint for the Eagles.
- The wide receiver group looks thin with both Benn and Maclin out for the season. Someone else is going need to step up opposite Jackson.