With over half the season complete the best teams have been established. None of them are a real surprise, with the exception of the Portland Trailblazers. Beyond the Blazers though, many expected the Heat, Pacers, Spurs, Thunder, Rockets, Clippers, and Warriors to be the top teams in the league. Within the group you could fairly easily argue that the Heat, Pacers, and Thunder are the real title contenders. But for the purposes of this exercise lets expand the pool of contenders to include the five additional Western Conference teams. Here is how these teams have performed against one another so far.
Oklahoma City Thunder (12-4)
Indiana Pacers (7-3)
Miami Heat (6-3)
Houston Rockets (7-6)
Portland Trailblazers (8-8)
Los Angeles Clippers (6-9)
Golden State Warriors (5-10)
San Antonio Spurs (3-11)
Some additional thoughts:
- Lebron goes into the break after going for 36 points 13 rebounds & 9 assists along with an absurd game winning 3 against the Warriors
- People continually sleep on the Spurs, and maybe that’s what I’m doing now, but the 3-11 record against the best teams is alarming
- The Durant versus James MVP race is going be awesome to follow in the second half of the season
- Is it fair to call Blake the best PF in the league right now?
- Western Conference playoff prediction; 1) Thunder 2) Rockets 3) Clippers 4) Spurs 5) Blazers 6) Warriors 7) Dallas 8) Phoenix
- Eastern Conference playoff prediction; 1) Pacers 2) Heat 3-8) wastes of time